Employment & Labor Law
The Kaludi Insdorf Law Group represents employees in Federal and State court as well as proceedings before the California Department of Industrial Relations (Labor Commissioner), Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Department of Fair Employment and Housing, and Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board. We represent employees in wage and hour claims, and claims of sex, race, age, disability or pregnancy discrimination and/or harassment.
Kaludi Insdorf Law Group also advises and represents businesses and employers in employment matters in an attempt to avoid litigation and reduce potential exposure to claims of all kinds.
Workers in the California and the United States are protected by various complex laws and regulations. Unfortunately, many employees and laborers are unaware of their rights in the workplace and could be taken advantage of or be mistreated without realizing their potential legal actions. Understand your rights as an employee will protect you and help you understand what to do in a complicated or adverse situation.
The employment attorneys at Kaludi Insdorf Law Group are committed to getting you the money that you deserve and holding your employer accountable for any wrongdoings that have caused you to suffer.
Common Legal Issues in the Workplace
There are a number of issues that can arise on the job, such as:
- Overtime Collection: Employees can be taken advantage of by employers regarding their collection of overtime.
- Hour and Wage Issues: Some employers do not follow minimum wage lawsor pay employees for all their expenses and hours worked.
- Unlawful Termination: Your termination may be considered unlawful depending on the circumstances, and you could fall into a protected class.
- Harassment at Work: Whether it is your fellow employees or your employer who engages in sexual or other harassment, you have rights.
- Workplace Violence: All workers have the right to a safe workplace, but violence does happen. A qualified employment lawyer can help you get the justice you deserve.
Areas of Employment Law
At Kaludi Insdorf Law Group, our employment attorneys acknowledge the stress of work-related issues. Our lawyers will carefully examine all aspects of your case and help you decide the best course of action. Some areas of employment law where we can help protect your rights include:
- Wrongful termination or demotion
- Sexual harassment
- Disability discrimination
- Discrimination based on gender, race or religion
- Pregnancy Discrimination
- Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA)
- Age discrimination
- Retaliation and whistle blowing
- Discrimination based on military service (USERRA)
- Overtime pay claims
- Meal and rest break claims
If you are an employee in search of representation, please contact the qualified employment attorneys at The Kaludi Insdorf Law Group today. We can help you get the money and justice you deserve.