Switch To Desktop Version
Switch To Mobile Version


How much will my case cost me?

Expenses vary from case to case. When your case is successful, very often some of the money recovered in your winnings can be put towards paying attorney fees. The cost of a consultation is free for personal injury and employment-related issues, so you should not hesitate to contact a lawyer from our firm today.

Our firm is a contingency fee-based practice for our personal injury clients and aggrieved employee clients, which means that our clients pay no attorneys’ fees unless and until we recover for them. No recovery, No Charge.

We even offer a free consultation so you can learn more about the process and how we can help you get compensation for your injuries.

How do I choose the right attorney?

When selecting a legal professional to represent your case, it is important to find someone with high credentials, worthy memberships, and a proven record of obtaining success for clients. These are indicators of an attorney’s dedication and skills. At California Trial Law Group, we hold membership on the San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association, Consumer Attorneys of California, the Alameda County Bar Association, California Employment Lawyers Association, and various other organizations dedicated to representing injured individuals and employees.  Our lawyers have received high marks by clients and peers on Superlawyers and AVVO.

How long do I have to file a claim or lawsuit?

Lawsuits are subject to California’s statute of limitations; a set of laws that limits the amount of time you have to file a lawsuit. Below are some common deadlines to watch for:

  • You must file a personal injury lawsuit within two years of the accident or the date you discovered the injury. If you are filing suit against a government entity for personal injury, you only have six months.
  • Aggrieved ex-employees who have been wrongfully terminated must file their claims within two years of termination. Even though California is an at-will state, employers cannot fire their employees for an illegal reason, such as their ethnicity, age, or gender.
  • Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA) discrimination claims are a two-step process because claimants have one year to file administrative complaints under the FEHA, and then an additional year to file a lawsuit after they receive a right-to-sue letter.
  • California Family Rights Act (CFRA) Retaliation Claims: Similar to FEHA, a person loses the right to file a lawsuit one year after the CFRA agency sends a right-to-sue letter.
  • Most unpaid wage claims are subject to a three-year statute of limitations. Under the Unfair Competition Law (UCL), the time period is extended to four years for unpaid wage claims under the Unfair Competition Law, while wage statement claims must be brought within one year.
How do I know if I have a claim?

If you were injured in a preventable accident or in connection with your employment, then you likely have reasonable cause for a claim. By contacting our firm, we can help you make this determination.

When should I contact an attorney?

Speak with a lawyer immediately after you seek medical help for your injury. Get the medical attention that you need, then contact an attorney about your legal rights and options. Your health is the most important thing, but your future, finances, and rights are important too.

How much is my case worth?

The value of a personal injury claim or lawsuit depends on a multitude of factors: the extent of your injuries, your medical expenses, your emotional damages, and more. If you missed work because of an injury, you can seek additional compensation for lost wages. Schedule a consultation with our firm to learn more about your legal opportunities after an accident.

How long will my case last?

The duration of any case is subject the particular circumstances of that case. We will be better able to answer this question after reviewing your case and determining how to best move forward. You can call our firm today for a free consultation.

Our firm is dedicated to your case and will take the time necessary to ensure that you receive all that you deserve, even if it does take years. We will take care of as much of the process as possible, so you don’t have to lose valuable time and can focus on your medical treatment and recovering.

How Do Insurance Companies Calculate Settlement Offers?

Many insurance companies have a base equation that they use to calculate settlement offers. Unfortunately, this initial amount is usually insufficient because insurance adjustors usually try to save the insurance companies money . Thus, victims should not seek to close their case too quickly, but consult a personal injury lawyer to receive a fair offer. California Trial Law Group ensure that the insurance companies treat our client’s fairly, that they not undervalue your case, and that you will ultimately receive a favorable settlement.

What Types Of Compensation Am I Entitled To As A Result Of My Injury?

You may receive compensation for past and future medical expenses, pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of earnings, property damage, and for other expenses you incurred. In the case of wrongful death, the family may receive an amount to cover the loss of future income as well as loss of companionship. As part of our service, we will discuss in detail an amount of compensation that you deserve and that we will fight for to obtain.

Do All Lawsuits Have To Go To Court?

No. Many cases are settled out of court. Our firm, however, is well prepared to take a defendant to court if they do not give our client the amount that we feel our client is entitled to.

What makes California Trial Law Group different from other firms?

We are a firm dedicated to serving the needs of our clients and your best interest come first and foremost. When you are looking for reliable, unyielding legal representation there is no better firm to turn to than California Trial Law Group.